Saturday, November 1, 2008

"It's harder to have cancer than it is to quit smoking"

As you may or may not know, November is National Lung Cancer Awareness Month. I found a story over at About.com that will be of massive interest to anyone, especially those of you who are struggling to stop smoking.



Here's a brief excerpt. I highly encourage you to click the link below to continue reading the full story.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Cheryl, and I have been here before in one of my many attempts to stop smoking. I believe I lasted 3 months that time.


This is a very good site for great information and support. This site, and the good people I knew here, did not fail me. I failed myself. It just wasn't enough for me. I went back out to smoke yet again.


Of course I had reasons why my quit attempts did not work. They were many and varied, but the bottom line was this: I didn't try hard enough.


...Nicotine withdrawal was too hard.
...I figured I could always try again.

...I had plenty of time.

...People in my family never had cancer, and they all smoked, so I was safe.


I was diagnosed with limited small cell lung cancer and squamous third stage B, on November 19, 2003. It's inoperable and incurable. I had finally pushed my luck as far as my body could handle.

Full story: http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/ourstories/a/cheryl.htm

No comments: